Based in Warsaw, Poland
Solstice is a dystopian mystery thriller about small personal disasters that turn into great catastrophes.
A magnificent city in the middle of a frozen wasteland, cut off from the world by raging blizzards. Inhabited only by a small group of misfits, who either can’t or don’t want to leave for the dead winter season.
When the local madman goes missing, an ambitious doctor on a contract and a mysterious young woman, who arrived with the last dog sled caravan, start questioning the true nature of the city's splendor...
After Cinders' warm reception and (somewhat unexpected) financial success, MoaCube wanted to try another visual novel; this time an original story. A character-focused mystery, under the creative control of Agnieszka Mulak and Hubert Sobecki - the writing duo hired during Cinders developmernt.
Mixing fantasy and film noir, they decided to tell a story of personal dramas intertwined with the more universal topics of conflict between safety and freedom, merit and equality, survival and justice.
Solstice started ambitious and then only proceeded to grow, taking 3 tough years to develop. The crew likes to think about it as their "difficult second album."
- Two protagonists with different perspective and conflicting goals.
- A cast of complex, diverse characters. And everyone is hiding something!
- A secluded, overwhelming city. The silent culprit behind all events.
- Beautiful painterly artwork by illustrator Gracjana Zielinska.
- Hundreds of player choices and secrets to uncover.
Logo & Icon
- "Solstice outshines Cinders as the jewel of visual novels."
- Lena LeRay, IndieGames.com
- "Solstice is about nothing more complicated than people from different places, with different stories to tell. That’s not risky. That’s interesting."
- Becky Chambers, The Mary Sue
- "You will want to play and replay until you discover all its sinister secrets."
- Neal Chandran, RPGFan
- "What I love about Solstice is how it deals with people and their usually understandable motives, instead of combining items that most mystery adventure games do."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Collector's and Limited Edition
Information about special edition contents, including limited physical merchandise is available at moacube.com.
Solstice OST on iTunes
Solstice original soundtrack is available on itunes.apple.com.
MoaCube is a small collective of indie game developers, started by two industry vets: designer Tom Grochowiak and artist Gracjana Zielinska.
We have simple goals. We make games. We want them to be good.
More information on MoaCube, our logo & relevant media are available here.