Blog Blog Blog
So yeah, a blog. Everyone seems to have one these days. I want a piece of it too. What I’m going to write about?
- Indie Life. Or how to handle the ever-looming threat of starvation. You can expect some honest confessions on how the indie game dev’s life really looks. With hard data and tips, whenever possible.
- Stats. I would like to be pretty open about how well we do and what traffic we get.
- Obscure gems. Recommendations on cool but relatively unknown games.
- Game Design. What can I say? I’m a professional game designer. I just love writing about this.
- Interviews. I will try to keep the usual boring bullshit out of them.
- Lessons Learned from playing various games. Basically, a high level analysis of used designs and mechanics. For the nerds.
I would like to offer something meaningful and relatively unique to the readers. So I decided to make up a few rules for myself:
- No Rants. There’s enough negativity on the interwebs already. Every other blog seems to contain words “whining”, “rambling” or “ranting” in its description. Cheer up, people! I’ll try to keep things positive. Even if I’m going to criticize something, I won’t do it without providing some idea for improvement.
- No Rambling. I’ll try to keep the posts concise and up to the point.
- Honest Interviews. I would like to interview other indies, but instead of asking them the dreaded “tell us more about your next game” or “what would you say to the aspiring young developers”, I’d like to learn more about who they really are. How they live? What floats their boat? How they support their indie business. Stuff like that. Also, all interviews are going to be done live through IM, with minimal editing.
- No Fucking Top-10 Lists. Seriously. And I know, I just killed any potential traffic this blog could get.
All fine and dandy. But will it float?