Based in Warsaw, Poland
Press / Business contact:
+48 696 423 334
MoaCube is a small collective of indie game developers, started by two industry vets: designer Tom Grochowiak and artist Gracjana Zielinska.
We have simple goals. We make games. We want them to be good.
HistoryHow it all started:
MoaCube got started when Gracjana and Tom's employer Codeminion closed its doors after a successful release (point and click Phantasmat) due to how stale the PC casual market has become.
Close friends with similar taste in videogames and some savings in their pockets, they decided to give indie development a try, using Tom's contacts and experience from his early indie days.
Their first project was Cinders. A modernized re-telling of Cinderella with emphasis on side character development and challenging the fairytale tropes. A choice-heavy visual novel they've been mulling over for quite some time.
Cinders development proved to be way more challenging than anticipated (go figure), but the game's warm reception and (somewhat unexpected) financial success stabilized the studio and allowed it to start work on two more projects.
Solstice is the big one. A character focused mystery, this time under total creative control of Agnieszka Mulak and Hubert Sobecki - the writing duo hired during Cinders developmernt.
Bonfire is Tom's and Kate's side-project. A battle roguelike-like(like) about journey and failure. It's gathering forces for Early Access release after Solstice is done.
- Tom started his career by releasing Magi - a nerdy indie game about wizard duels.
- He also worked on the first Witcher. Like approximatelly ALL Polish developers.
- Gracjana's first game dev gig was drawing for erotic mobile games. The only job where you get feedback on character's pubic hair color.
- Agnieszka and Hubert haven't worked in the industry before MoaCube. She's a psychologist. He's a translator and a gay rights activist.
- The idea for Cinders was born when Tom and Gracjana got stuck in traffic for several hours.
- There's no MoaCube office. Everyone works from their homes or out of a cafe.
- Cinders' development was supposed to take 6 months, due to very slim savings. It took a year and a half.
- During that time, Tom's electricity has been cut off for due bills. Twice.
- Kate and Tom are a couple for over 10 years. Nothing more indie than working with your loved one.
- Entire MoaCube is close friends. There are no official employees and all profit is simply shared among the team members.
- All music in MoaCube games is by British freelance composer Rob Westwood. He and Tom go way back to when they were both well-meaning amateurs.
Solstice Trailer YouTube
Cinders Trailer YouTube
Co-Op Gameplay YouTube
There are far more images available for MoaCube, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
Team & Repeating Collaborator