December has come. And with it, the irresistible urge to make a big sale with huge discounts on all our titles. Because what’s better than a cool indie game to spend those cold winter nights with? (please, don’t answer…)
The promotion will last till the New Year. If you already own our games, remember there’s an option to purchase them as gifts for someone else.
Buy for Windows | Buy for Mac | More info »
Cinders is a mature retelling of Cinderella, ditching the passive protagonist and banal morals of the original story in sake of a more serious approach.
Our biggest game yet, so also the biggest discount. It makes sense.
Pre-order for Windows | Pre-order for Mac | More info »
Solstice is a mystery thriller about small personal disasters that can turn into great catastrophes. And a clear conscience that is as rare as pure snow.
The game is in pre-orders. Purchasers receive a lengthy preview build.
Buy for Windows | Buy for Mac | More info »
Bonfire is a lightweight tactical RPG with strong roguelike influences where rules are simple but strategy is hard.
Be warned: we’re dead serious about the “challenge” part.
Buy for Windows | Buy for Mac | More info »
Magi is a challenging tactical game about wizard duels, mixing strategy and RPG elements with the dynamism and immediacy of fighting games.
“Dueling wizards” is also about the coolest thing to ever go on a discount.
Have fun and Happy Holidays! Let your happy winter spending fuel our happy winter spending.
Solstice is finally available for pre-orders. There’s a playable preview build, there’s mystery, there’s a lot of pretty!
By pre-ordering it now, you:
- Gain access to the playable preview version right away
- Get the game cheaper ($19.95 from $22.95)
- Can affect the development by posting feedback on our forums
- Will receive the final game two weeks before its official launch
- Support a small indie studio and are an overall awesome person
Solstice is a fantasy mystery, set in an exotic city built in the middle of a frozen wasteland, with strong focus on characters and their motivations. You can learn more about it on its dedicated subpage.
The preview build is definitely the biggest thing benefit of pre-ordering. You get to play the game way before it’s officially out, we get to gather early feedback that can help us shape the final version. The preview is also pretty long, featuring around 20% of the full game’s content and clocking at 2 to 3 hours of playtime.
Have fun! And remember to hit our forums to let us know what you think.
A new version of Bonfire is available! You can re-download it from the same purchase email, you’ve got the original game from.
The update is relative small but includes several important bug fixes and balance improvements, so it’s a recommended download. The full list of changes can be found on our forums.
Have fun and remember to leave your feedback.
Good news, people! We just finished enough content for Solstice to warrant a proper preview build. If things go well with bug fixing and final polish, we are ready to launch pre-orders in two weeks!
The deal will be similar to how we handled Cinders pre-orders. You’ll be able to get the game cheaper, and receive it two weeks before its official release. Of course, the biggest benefit is the immediate access to the preview build.
You’ll be able to play the current development version of the game and offer your feedback while it’s still easy for us to make changes. This was a source of many crucial improvements in Cinders and we’re hoping for the same thing here.
The preview build will feature the first two chapters from the game and it looks like it’s going to be quite a bit longer than Cinders pre-order version. Solstice shapes up to be pretty huge in general.
So keep your eyes peeled and your wallets ready!
Autoquark, one of the players on our forums, has decided to be super-awesome and started a Bonfire Wiki.
It holds a lot of info on heroes, stats, bosses, quests, possible strategies… Well, everything! The game can be pretty deep, so check it out if you need a little help. Or better yet — feel free to expand it yourself.
I’ve added a few cool strategies myself, just to get things rolling.
Bonfire 0.9.0.0 has just arrived through the means of magic and boy is it chock-full of cool new stuff!
If you already own the game, you can re-download the new version from your purchase email. If not, get it below.
Download Bonfire demo:
Buy the game for
The game is in alpha funding promotion. Learn more.
The biggest new additions are the roguelike-inspired Endless Journey and two additional heroes to unlock, but there’s also a plenty of new content and gameplay tweaks. The full list of improvements can be found here and is over 80 items long! Check it out.
This update also introduces a much more leeway Lighthearted difficulty mode, so if you found the game to be too hard, give it a try.
In general, I consider this to be the best version to get into Bonfire. It’s pretty much a complete game at this point. There’s no leftover or locked content, it seems to be bug free, and all the major issues have been addressed. Of course, I still want to expand it through future releases, but it already works as a complete and polished package.
Have fun and be sure to leave your feedback on our forums.
We’ve been shedding some info about the Sophia-centric Cinders sequel through our social networks, but as it was still very vague, and you’ve had some questions, we thought we should give you a little update on how things are shaping up.
- The game will be a standalone title. Prior knowledge of Cinders won’t be necessary, though fans will certainly notice a few extra details.
- This also means that we’re redoing the art to reflect the passage of time and to bring it to Solstice quality (yes, that includes character animations). There’s going to be a lot of new content, characters, and backdrops.
- We will consider the traveler ending to be canon and go with it. Cinders has simply too many branches and vastly different options to allow for flexibility if we want to tell a coherent story.
- The game won’t affect the development of Solstice or any other titles. We’re simply at a moment where we can consider committing to a side-project. And this seems like the perfect fit.
- The story is going to be intimate and personal rather than grandiose. No saving the world or Grand Ball at the end. The focus will be on the complex relationship between the sisters. Sophia will be forced to re-evaluate her feelings towards Gloria, maybe even save her.
- There’s still going to be a plenty of choice and character development, but Sophia will be much more defined (and snarky!) than Cinders from the get go.
- A lot of the focus will be on how Carmosa’s residence actually works, with some new characters and locations.
- There will be romance and new love interests, but just like with Cinders, it will be kept optional.
- At this point, we have outlined the characters, endings, and the overall storyline. We are currently working on the details, concept art, and the logistics of the production.
Just please remember that this is not an official announcement. Yes, we’re working on the game, but it’s still in the early pre-production and nothing is certain yet. We simply wanted to update you on our progress, as there’s been a lot of interest, and will continue to do so.
It’s been a whole year since we launched Cinders! A year of actually living off indie games! This made me realize two things:
1) We are actually living the dream! Sure, it’s a humble life, and there’s still a lot to do, if we are to keep at it for years. Nevertheless, we’ve made it through the hurdles and reached the stage where we are making a living from doing what we love. Wow!
2) And it’s all thanks to you! People who look for games that are different, personal, and approach subjects that no big studio would ever risk touching. In this age of easy-as-pie piracy, f2p, and race to the bottom, you are still willing to purchase a niche title to support its creators. This makes you more than just gamers who bought a game. You are patrons who directly encourage more diversity within the medium!
So, I guess what I really want to say is: Thanks, people! You are the best!
The first major update to Bonfire is drawing near. It should make the game work as a complete standalone product, while I move towards more time consuming changes.
The Werewolf Paladin (don’t ask) — one of the new monsters.
The biggest new feature is the addition of the Endless Journey. A roguelike-inspired gauntlet, where you tackle a randomized dungeon and try to reach as far as possible. Dead characters stay dead in this mode, and are replaced by your other unlocked heroes — often leading to discovery of new strategies and combos. Personally, it’s my favorite way to play the game right now.
The update will also feature some new content, quests, monsters, and heroes, as well as numerous tweaks to the balance and overall polish. The full list of changes is available on the forums. There’s also a thread for a long term list of future additions. Feedback is as always very welcome.
Show Me The Games is running a huge indie game sale and we’re involved!
The promotion is now over. Thanks!
The promotion features heavy discounts on 32 indie games and lasts until May 18th.
Our own Cinders is available at half the price (down to $11.50) and Magi is 35% off (down to $6.50). You don’t have to do anything to get the discount, it’s just automatically active for the duration of the promotion. Remember that you can also opt to buy our games as a gift for someone else.
It’s also worth to mention that Show Me The Games takes no cut. All the money goes straight to the developers and supports the creation of further indie titles.
Have fun and make sure to spread the word!