Solstice is a mystery thriller about small personal disasters that can turn into great catastrophes and a clear conscience that is as rare as pure snow.
By pre-ordering it now, you:
- Gain access to the playable preview version right away
- Get the game cheaper ($19.95 from $22.95)
- Can affect the development by posting feedback on our forums
- Will receive the final game two weeks before its official launch
- Get a Steam key when the game lands on the service
- Support a small indie studio and are an overall awesome person
Solstice is about nothing more complicated than people from different places, with different stories to tell. That’s not risky. That’s interesting.
What I love about Solstice is how it deals with people and their usually understandable motives, instead of combining items that most mystery adventure games do.
The aesthetics are gorgeous and make the world feel more alive than similar games can claim, but its real strength is in its storytelling.
An exotic city in the middle of a frozen wasteland, cut off from the world by raging blizzards. Inhabited only by a small group of misfits, who either can’t or don’t want to leave for the dead winter season.
When the local archaeologist goes missing, an ambitious doctor on a contract and a mysterious young woman, who arrived with the last dog sled caravan, start asking questions.
What starts as an innocent investigation to pass the time, may result in the cold wasteland finally claiming the proud Jewel of the North.
Why it’s going to be cool:
- Two protagonists with different perspective and conflicting goals.
- A cast of complex, colorful characters. And everyone is hiding something!
- A tale of secrets and underlaying motivations. It’s not “who”. It’s “why”.
- Dynamic presentation that aims to top Cinders quality.
Should work on anything with at least 512Mb RAM
Intel Macs with at least OS X 10.5